Thursday, June 19, 2008

Digital TV Converter Box

Compared to India, the cable TV service is expensive. I used to enjoy the Asianet Cable for INR200 per month, SCV for INR100 per month. But Comcast's cheapest package itself is close to USD15

So I chose to depend on terrestrial transmission which is free of cost. I purchased a antenna for 10$ and tuned the TV. I could get TV35 with lot of grains. With more trials with the antenna placement I could get few more channels but with lot of grains.

Then I saw the advertisement Digital TV Converter Box Coupons. In no time, I picked up the phone and ordered the coupons.

YEsterday I got the coupons, went to Walmart, Monterey Highway - but all the Magnavox converter boxes were sold out. I tried in Walmart, Storey Road - same story. Finally I bought the Insignia box from BestBuy.64$ price, 40$ coupons so 24$ from my pocket.

Rushed home, connected the box, switched it on, started auto-scan, - great - I get 15 channels!!! DVD quality pictures......

No comments: